Euthanasia: Beyond Final Exit
New Research in Self-Deliverance [Rational Suicide] for the
Chris Docker, Cheryl Smith, John
Hofsess, Bruce Dunn. 1995, 116 pp, ISBN:1-896533-04-3.
IMPORTANT: THE ORIGINAL OF THIS BOOK IS OUT OF PRINT, BUT THE ESSENTIAL INFORMATION, EXPANDED AND UPDATED, CAN BE FOUND IN OUR FIVE LAST ACTS BOOKS. SEARCH AMAZON FOR FIVE LAST ACTS II, OR FIVE LAST ACTS - THE EXIT PATH.
Beyond Final Exit is the companion volume to Departing Drugs, our world-famous �how-to� user-guide to self-deliverance. Death affects us all and, sadly, it is not always painless or dignified. Advice on painlessly dying by one�s own hand varies in its quality and sometimes different manuals seem to give different advice. That is why we published Beyond Final Exit. Beyond Final Exit is a collection of essays explaining the basis of the assertions in Departing Drugs, with hundreds of references from respected medical journals in support the facts.
Due to heavy demand, Beyond Final Exit is currently out of stock. We are therefore looking at available options � including reprinting or producing a new, revised volume with additional chapters.
To stay informed of developments and announcements on our publications, including Beyond Final Exit, you can read Exit Newsletter (annual subscription 20GBP, 40GBP overseas). Exit Newsletter is a quarterly magazine with all the latest news on euthanasia, assisted suicide, self-deliverance and living wills, both for the UK and around the world. It includes substantial articles by leading experts in the field as well as creative strategies and analysis to further dying in dignity. You will also find not only details of all our publications, but dates for our workshops on living wills and self-deliverance and often advance articles on methods of self-deliverance.
If you are on the Internet, you can also stay updated of key issues within Exit by subscribing (free) to our e-mail bulletin � details on our website homepage at http://www.euthanasia.cc. This is a �low-traffic�, occasional bulletin and you can unsubscribe at any time.
The latest research in self-deliverance (auto-euthanasia/rational
suicide) at last... Academic articles on rational
suicide including a history of books on self-deliverance and one
of the most comprehensively referenced articles on fasting
available. The Title is based on the series of articles in the
Canadian journal "Last Rights" in which some of the
chapters initially appeared.
- Beyond Final Exit explains... the history of suicide guides and the reliability (and unreliability) of information in them.
- Dispels the myth that a leading, lethal, over-the-counter drug can cause blindness in the event of failure, discusses the lethal dose and the supporting evidence.
- Analyses the use of tricyclic antidepressants, frequently prescribed drugs that can be lethal alone or in combination.
- Discusses street drugs - illicit drugs bought on the black market - should they be used for self-deliverance if you get access to them?
- Answers common questions about poisonous plants - if you're optimistic about these, be warned of the side effects first!
- What about carbon monoxide? The favourite method of Dr Kevorkian? Beyond Final Exit looks at its effectiveness and obtaining supplies, and there is also a chapter on other inert gases worth considering.
- Fasting? In Departing Drugs there is only a passing reference to controlled fasting as a means of self-deliverance. .Many people have used this method successfully and yet it is not without its critics. Beyond Final Exit includes what is probably the most comprehensive examination of the known facts on this method
- New information has come to light in recent years on barbiturates were virtually discontinued twenty years ago but some people have old supplies or manage to obtain them and want to know the dosages and effectiveness. and, in this new volume, Beyond Final Exit takes a fresh look at the evidence.
- The International Drugs Consensus Working Party published the fruits of their research in Departing Drugs - the Supplement to How to Die With Dignity, and many people wanted to know the reasoning behind some of the controversial new developments, so a scientific companion was planned. While in preparation, more research was accomplished and new information brought to light. Self deliverance guides were pioneered by the Voluntary Euthanasia Society of Scotland with How to Die With Dignity in 1980; they were popularised by Derek Humphry in his best-seller Final Exit and placed on a scientific footing with Departing Drugs. Now, in 1995, the Scottish Voluntary Euthanasia Society proudly presents Beyond Final Exit, the latest research into self-deliverance.
- Supported by hundreds of references to supporting data, Beyond Final Exit bares its finding to scrutiny by other researchers worldwide. It is already the subject of strong interest from the Netherlands, where self-deliverance (in preference to doctor-administered euthanasia) is gaining ground.
- Beyond Final Exit gives you the facts and the secure knowledge on methods of self-deliverance. Beyond Final Exit is already in its second printing. Order your copy now while stocks last.
All this information and more can be found in FIVE LAST ACTS.
You are the 2138thperson to browse through here since 27 Dec 1995 using the above URL
Try Vess OnLine WebGuide for all your Internet